Crummock (Scotland) Ltd are recruiting for an experienced Site Manager with strong civils experience, to work in our Surfacing Division, with demanding clients, to be based at various sites throughout Scotland. Salary is competitive and negotiable.
Crummock are a progressive civil engineering and surfacing contractor, operating mainly in the central belt from our base in Bonnyrigg. We work with a variety of blue-chip clients on a great variety of jobs, some of which are very high profile. This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious Site Agent to join a forward-thinking, innovative contractor with an exciting and healthy order book.
As the Site Manager you will be expected to manage and co-ordinate the efforts of in-house personnel and sub-contractors involved in the execution of various civils projects to achieve the budgeted cost and programme safely.
The Site Manager is the single point of contact for customers, has ownership of projects, managing and interfacing with site staff, sub-contractors, and other support staff. They should be commercially and environmentally aware with excellent programming ability and the ability to ensure that the project is delivered safely and within budget. The position requires the ability to build relationships with clients, constantly communicate with them on the progress of the project and any issues which arise, and identify mutually acceptable solutions. The successful applicant will be PC literate with a good understanding of drawings, specifications, conditions of contract and measurement and have a proven track record on similar projects. Experience of Health & Safety, including production and application of risk assessments and method statements is essential, together with knowledge of the requirements of CDM and its application by Principal Contractors. The ideal candidate will be degree/HND qualified, hold a current, relevant CSCS card and 5-day SMSTS certificate.
- Programming , planning and managing the budget of civil engineering groundworks elements of various projects (including sub-contractors).
- Risk management – identify and assess project risks, developing and implementing an action plan to mitigate them to ensure the success of the project and avoid any cost or loss of reputation.
- Managing and controlling the initial construction phase to completion of our works, hand over and rectification of defects.
- Lead, motivate and manage the performance of the project team to ensure their contribution to the project’s success is maximised.
- Being accountable for the highest standards of safety, health and welfare for everyone on site, visitors and the general public.
- Ensuring that the quality of the works meets client requirements and that the client is completely satisfied.
- Ensuring that the costs of the project do not exceed the agreed budget and that the project equals or exceeds the agreed profit margin.
- Maintaining accurate reporting and excellent internal and external communication.
- Representing Crummock at meetings with clients and other stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Crummock (Scotland) Ltd is an equal opportunities and Living Wage employer.