Due to our current expansion and as part of our succession planning, we’d like someone with strong civils experience, and used to demanding clients, to join us as Commercial Director to support our growing civil engineering and road surfacing business.
You will lead and develop the commercial functions of Crummock and be a degree qualified Civil Engineer or Quantity Surveyor with extensive senior commercial and project management experience and the ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally, and to inspire and develop high performing, target driven teams. With the professionalism and commercial acumen to present Crummock in positive terms at any forum and lead and steer projects to ensure commercial viability, you’ll have a proven track record of delivery within a contracting environment within the UK construction environment.
A strategic thinker with the natural ability to manage time, prioritise and delegate, you will have an assertive, confident, ambitious and positive personality. With an astute awareness of commercial and contractual matters and shrewd ability to maximise sales opportunities, you will be an affable facilitator and team player with excellent leadership and networking skills. You’ll also be a creative person willing to explore innovation while being able to command respect, exhibit gravitas and take difficult decisions when required.
Key Result Areas are:
- As part of the Board, play a key part in developing the strategy, policy, culture and standards of the business, and their deployment within the Commercial function.
- Lead the Commercial team, maximise the commercial performance of the business, and manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies in accordance with company strategy and objectives.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, etc.)
- Collate, define and understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Take full responsibility for commercial issues that arise and identify potential issues at horizon stage, minimising company exposure to clients, partners and suppliers.
Closing date for applications is 17th November 2017. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position please submit a written statement of why you should be considered, together with your current CV (including where you heard about this post) and send to:
Crummock (Scotland) is an equal opportunities and Living Wage employer.